Saturday 31 December 2011

2012

Now after the buzz around Christmas, the year moves swiftly into the 'New Year' territory. 2012 as a whole seems to be met with a mixture of anticipation and fear. Fear over the Mayan calendar predictions, about rising costs, water levies etc. But hope is rife too, will 2012 bring new experiences, travel, marriages, births and new opportunities?

I believe that life is what you make of it, if the Mayan calendar signals the end of humanity then not much can be done to change it. I believe, logically, the scenario was a bit more like the cartoon below.

 I don't believe in making resolutions, but the most common ones seem to be losing weight, getting in shape, learning a new skill etc. I think making resolutions like that generally won't work. It's like being on a diet, if you restrict certain foods and treats it'll make you want them more.

I, for one, will look into 2012 as the year of change as I have no idea what lies in store, and that's what makes it exciting.

Now I'm off to put the bubbly in the fridge, happy new year to all, let's see what 2012 has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment