Friday 6 January 2012

Achoo!

Happy New Year folks! My body has decided to greet the New Year by embracing the common cold. At the moment I am a walking medicine cabinet, taking paracetamol, zinc, vitamin C and some seaweed thing that is meant to be fantastic for you.

Whilst at work today, a nurse let me know about the best way to kill a cold. I was intrigued, wondering if this secret was going to be pricey.

She leaned in to divulge said secret, and said "Whiskey, seriously. As much hot whiskey as you can handle." Well... After expecting the name of a protein, drug or vitamin I couldn't spell without wikipedia, whiskey?

I have worked in a museum dedicated to whiskey and had never sussed. Granted, my mother makes the best hot whiskies in Ireland, fact! But a medical professional backing up the medicinal uses of whiskey? I'm all for it.

And now off I go to combat the common cold with some Irish whiskey. Sláinte!

No comments:

Post a Comment