Wow, I have been horribly neglecting my blog. Counselling shall be required, hugs will be distributed etc etc.
I have a good reason for my absence though. I've been a busy bee, working away, commuting and learning new things each day. Every day is different and I'm really enjoying the challenge! So what have I learned this week?
1. You definitely trap more bees with honey than with vinegar. It generally pays to be nice to people than to shout, demand and generally be rude. It can be applied to all aspects of life, just play nice!*
2. Running is good for you, particularly if you're late for a bus!
3. Down time is important. The minute I'm in the door, I'm straight into my PJs and chilling on the couch with a glass of wine and cosy booties before you can say "Lisa Time!" Being able to chill and just detach for a while is very important.
4. Some people on buses can be downright obnoxious and completely oblivious to common decency. On the bright side, I have a whole newfound respect for my car! Love you Misty!
Now it's time for some 'Lisa Time', glass of wine poured and a backlog of programmes to catch up on on Sky+. Put your feet up and relax. It's the little things in life folks!
*Unless someone goes out of their way to hurt you, then all cards are off the table!
Tuesday, 22 May 2012
Thursday, 10 May 2012
There is a reason why people wear headphones on public transport. I have categorized the main noise offenders into a few groups, let's see how many of them you can spot:
- The 'my phone call is so important/interesting, I want everyone to join in' person
- The serial cougher/sniffer. There's always one!
- The 'Excited /had too much sugar child', generally doesn't bother me, unless I'm trying to sleep.
- The 'Teen Gossip Meeting' crowd. Seriously, I know who is going out with who, lads they like and their general likes and dislikes just from listening to them natter on.
- The 'one who can't chew with their mouth closed' person, or the person with smelly food. I honestly don't know which one is worse.
|OK, so I really can't complain!|
Aaand now I feel better. This blog can be pretty therapeutic, plus if this is all I've got to be complaining about then I'm doing OK. To be fair, I've learned a range of new skills, outside of work I have learned how to sleep on a bus, how to navigate and how to read books without getting motion sickness. Hurrah! Inside of work I'm constantly learning new things and putting them into practice. Genuinely feel very lucky to have this opportunity. (Note: Do not mess it up!)
Will keep you all updated on where the winds of time take us, hold on, it might be bumpy, we might end up on the scenic route, but we'll all get there in the end!