Sunday 29 April 2012

Oh the anticipation!

Tomorrow is the start of a new beginning, or the beginning of  a new start? As of tomorrow I'll be working in the wonderful world of Marketing, I've joined Twitter (shameless self promotion linkage: https://twitter.com/#!/LisaOree ) and reading up on all I can to prepare myself.

The mix of excitement and nerves reminds me of the first day of school, I've got new clothes to wear for the occasion, my parents giving me a pep talk about 'being myself', to have fun and play nice with the other kids etc.

Granted I'm now a woman in her 20s so different rules apply, but it reminds me of how I felt back then. Back when I thought getting extra homework, racking up a big phone bill and falling out with friends at school was the worst thing that could possibly happen, ever!

So now I'm off to direct my energies into reading up all I can about the new job. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail and all that jazz!


No comments:

Post a Comment