Thursday 14 July 2016

Now what?

Soooo, it's been a while.. Sorry about that.

A lot has happened since I last wrote.

I had originally started this blog when things weren't going so well and I needed to create somewhere to think positively. Positivity is contagious after all.

In two years, I started a new job, travelled, spent time with my family,(including welcoming two wee nieces!), and spent time enjoying life with my husband. So far, so grateful.

Living it large at the Berlin Zoo
But despite all that I've done in two years, it got me thinking. Even with all the wonderful things that have happened, there was a voice in the back of my head saying "Now what? What's next?". Instead of just being able to enjoy the moment, I was pushing myself to go looking for more, bigger and better things etc.,

So why is that voice even there? Why can't I enjoy the moment for what it is? Is it a first born thing? An overactive drive to succeed? Or does everyone have one?

Once I realised I was doing this, I knew that I needed to live more in the moment. To enjoy the little things. To take or make an extra moment. To take a deep breath and take in my surroundings. I gained more joy when I made the time to just live in the now. On my days off I make the effort to get off the couch and go outside, even it's just a quick jaunt into town, I do it. And it feels good. When I'm outside, I try to go to a park or to where there's water and I just sit and watch the world go by. Sometimes it can be wonderfully relaxing to simply do nothing, just for a little while.

There's still that voice in the back of my head that shrieks "Now what?" but I've learned to muffle it. Instead of putting stress on myself, I'm taking the time to smell the roses. And it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment